UK: Tesco moves into Japan and China, launches euro bond
Leading UK multiple retailer Tesco is planning to expand its reach into China and Japan by hooking up with local partners. "The firm has already conducted market research in Japan and is now searching for a business partner," the Nihon Keizai Shimbun newspaper said citing company sources. The report claims that in China, Tesco will focus on three major cities including the capital of Beijing, and is already in talks with several local retailers with whom it may partner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife