CHINA: Tesco opens own-brand store in Beijing
UK chain Tesco has opened its first own-brand retail store in China.
Tesco already operates 46 stores in China which trade under the name of business partner Le Gou, which means 'Happy Shopping'.
Last year Tesco took over leading Asian hypermarket chain Hymall, leading it to announce plans for ten hypermarkets in China this year.
UK retail giant Tesco has unveiled plans to open Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market throughout the Los Angeles area. Tim Mason, who heads Tesco's US venture, said the retailer would open stores "from Ho...
International retailers Carrefour and Geant have pledged to cut energy consumption in their Taiwan stores by up to 8% within the next three years....
French retail giant Carrefour has agreed to buy 250 discount stores in Spain from German retailer Tengelmann. The EUR200m (US$276m) deal was made through Carrefour's local Dia business, which already ...
The UK's largest retailer Tesco was forced to close 14 stores in locations across the UK at the weekend following a major security alert....
X5 Retail Group has admitted it is looking at acquiring businesses in Russia - but the company refused to be drawn on rumours linking the company to peer Ramstore....
Own-label products will continue to take an increased share of the UK grocery market, according to a report published today (11 July)....
UK supermarket group Sainsbury's has named trading director Mike Coupe as an executive director....
Carrefour has posted a 6% rise in first-half revenue after squeezing out growth in France and enjoying robust performances in Latin America and Asia....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti