UK: Tesco outs the public's favourite panic buy - loo roll
UK retailing giant Tesco has revealed from its figures that panic buying reached anxious lengths during the recent fuel crisis, when the public's bulk buy of choice was the loo roll.And not necessarily just any loo roll, apparently, for Tesco has noted a vast regional variation in the way the shelves emptied. In Birmingham and Glasgow, the run of the mill stuff was first to leave the stores. Consumers in Liverpool, Manchester and York, meanwhile, were a soft touch and stocked up on luxury rolls.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife