UK: Tesco outs the public's favourite panic buy - loo roll
UK retailing giant Tesco has revealed from its figures that panic buying reached anxious lengths during the recent fuel crisis, when the public's bulk buy of choice was the loo roll.And not necessarily just any loo roll, apparently, for Tesco has noted a vast regional variation in the way the shelves emptied. In Birmingham and Glasgow, the run of the mill stuff was first to leave the stores. Consumers in Liverpool, Manchester and York, meanwhile, were a soft touch and stocked up on luxury rolls.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production