THAILAND/UK: Tesco plans nine new Thai stores for 2003
Ek-Chai Distribution, the Thai unit of UK retailer Tesco, has said that it plans to open a total of six hypermarkets and three smaller stores in 2003. The retailer, which said it expects Thailand's modern retail market to continue to grow, has already opened two of its six planned hypermarkets and one "value store", bringing the number Tesco Lotus stores to 54, of which 43 are hypermarkets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival