CHINA/THAILAND: Tesco plots online launch in Thailand, China
Tesco looks to lead e-commerce revolution
Tesco has confirmed that it plans to launch an online service in various international markets, including China and Thailand.
"We've talked a lot about the opportunity to grow our online business in all of our markets," a spokesperson for the retailer told just-food. "Growing our online businesses in all our markets is a strategic priority for us."
Last year, UK retailer indicated that it plans to "launch online grocery shopping in at least one major city in each of our markets, using our operating model to roll this out quickly and cost-effectively".
According to reports, Tesco is now gearing up to launch an e-commerce offering in Bangkok and Beijing. However, the retailer declined to provide further details on the specific services it plans to roll out.
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in China. Introduction and Landscape Why was the report w...
After Lindt & Sprungli reported higher solid first-half results last week, just-food interviewed the Swiss chocolate group's CEO Ernst Tanner to discuss its growth in mature markets and its patient st...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019