UK: Tesco preparing Price Promise roll-out
Tesco bringing Price Promise to the till
Tesco is preparing to transfer its Price Pledge promotion to a till-based system in the UK next week.
The UK retailer is briefing store staff on the move, which will extend its trial of a point-of-purchase voucher system in Northern Ireland, just-food understands.
Tesco's Price Promise enables consumers to enter details from their receipt onto the retailer's website, which will then compare the shop to prices at Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons. If the shop would have been cheaper elsewhere, customers receive a voucher to make up the difference.
The Price Promise price comparison mechanism looks set to go live at the till on Monday (11 March).
Like Sainsbury's Brand Match campaign, from next week Tesco's Price Pledge will provide consumers with a voucher at the till if their shopping would have been cheaper at a rival. However, the price comparison extends to all products - not just big brands, a source confirmed.
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Poland....
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in China. Introduction and Landscape Why was the report w...
The UK's advertising standards watchdog has found a Tesco advert, put out in the midst of the horsemeat scandal, was "misleading" in its suggestion that the "whole food industry" was the cause of the ...
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy