UK: Tesco preparing Price Promise roll-out
Tesco bringing Price Promise to the till
Tesco is preparing to transfer its Price Pledge promotion to a till-based system in the UK next week.
The UK retailer is briefing store staff on the move, which will extend its trial of a point-of-purchase voucher system in Northern Ireland, just-food understands.
Tesco's Price Promise enables consumers to enter details from their receipt onto the retailer's website, which will then compare the shop to prices at Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons. If the shop would have been cheaper elsewhere, customers receive a voucher to make up the difference.
The Price Promise price comparison mechanism looks set to go live at the till on Monday (11 March).
Like Sainsbury's Brand Match campaign, from next week Tesco's Price Pledge will provide consumers with a voucher at the till if their shopping would have been cheaper at a rival. However, the price comparison extends to all products - not just big brands, a source confirmed.
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Poland....
The UK's advertising standards watchdog has found a Tesco advert, put out in the midst of the horsemeat scandal, was "misleading" in its suggestion that the "whole food industry" was the cause of the ...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis