UK: Tesco pulls Creamfield milk after slashing own-brand prices
Tesco has removed the budget Creamfields brand of milk
Budget UK dairy brand Creamfields has seen its milk pulled from Tesco shelves in the UK following the retailer's decision to cut the price of its own-brand milk.
Creamfields milk was priced at GBP1.00 (US$1.66) for four pints. An ongoing price battle with discounters has seen Tesco cut the price of its own-label standard milk from GBP1.39 to GBP1.00.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco refused to be drawn on whether there was a link between the milk price war among the major supermarkets and the removal of the Creamfields brand of milk.
"We keep our ranges under review to ensure we offer our customers the best value and choice available," said the Tesco spokesperson.
Tesco also stocks Creamfields cheese and yoghurt products. These lines have not been affected confirmed Tesco.
Tesco Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Poland....
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in China. Introduction and Landscape Why was the report w...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"