UK: Tesco pulls Creamfield milk after slashing own-brand prices
Tesco has removed the budget Creamfields brand of milk
Budget UK dairy brand Creamfields has seen its milk pulled from Tesco shelves in the UK following the retailer's decision to cut the price of its own-brand milk.
Creamfields milk was priced at GBP1.00 (US$1.66) for four pints. An ongoing price battle with discounters has seen Tesco cut the price of its own-label standard milk from GBP1.39 to GBP1.00.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco refused to be drawn on whether there was a link between the milk price war among the major supermarkets and the removal of the Creamfields brand of milk.
"We keep our ranges under review to ensure we offer our customers the best value and choice available," said the Tesco spokesperson.
Tesco also stocks Creamfields cheese and yoghurt products. These lines have not been affected confirmed Tesco.
Tesco Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Poland....
Renovation costs following a fire at Rowe's Cornish Bakers factory in Falmouth "could cost" in the region of GBP2m. ...
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in the Czech Republic...
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in China. Introduction and Landscape Why was the report w...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Jobs set to go at 2 Sisters plants
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth