UK: Tesco pulls Creamfield milk after slashing own-brand prices
Tesco has removed the budget Creamfields brand of milk
Budget UK dairy brand Creamfields has seen its milk pulled from Tesco shelves in the UK following the retailer's decision to cut the price of its own-brand milk.
Creamfields milk was priced at GBP1.00 (US$1.66) for four pints. An ongoing price battle with discounters has seen Tesco cut the price of its own-label standard milk from GBP1.39 to GBP1.00.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco refused to be drawn on whether there was a link between the milk price war among the major supermarkets and the removal of the Creamfields brand of milk.
"We keep our ranges under review to ensure we offer our customers the best value and choice available," said the Tesco spokesperson.
Tesco also stocks Creamfields cheese and yoghurt products. These lines have not been affected confirmed Tesco.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Tesco aims to maintain its leading position in retailing in Hungary in 2013 through constant innovation, an ever wider range of products and a stronger image through the offer a new private label rang...
Tesco Ireland Ltd is expected to continue to focusing on retaining its strong position in retailing in Ireland in the face of increasing competition from other supermarket retailers, most notably dome...
In the UK, Tesco’s plan is to continue pursuing its “Build a Better Tesco” strategy. This plan consists in refurbishing its store-based retail outlets with the aim of improving the shopping experience...
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- WWF launches food security platform