UK: Tesco pulls Creamfield milk after slashing own-brand prices
Tesco has removed the budget Creamfields brand of milk
Budget UK dairy brand Creamfields has seen its milk pulled from Tesco shelves in the UK following the retailer's decision to cut the price of its own-brand milk.
Creamfields milk was priced at GBP1.00 (US$1.66) for four pints. An ongoing price battle with discounters has seen Tesco cut the price of its own-label standard milk from GBP1.39 to GBP1.00.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco refused to be drawn on whether there was a link between the milk price war among the major supermarkets and the removal of the Creamfields brand of milk.
"We keep our ranges under review to ensure we offer our customers the best value and choice available," said the Tesco spokesperson.
Tesco also stocks Creamfields cheese and yoghurt products. These lines have not been affected confirmed Tesco.
This is a detailed report covering Tesco’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Czech Republic....
This is a detailed report covering Tesco Kipa’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Turkey....
Canadean's "Tesco Kipa Kitle Pazarlama Ticaret ve Gida Sanayi A.S. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour