USA/UK: Tesco, Safeway go live with joint e-tail operations in US
Britain's largest grocer, Tesco , has today [Monday] launched its online e-tail service in the US with local partner Safeway , and company officials have made it clear that the US venture is to be a stepping stone for global expansion. The Internet tie-in with Safeway, California's largest supermarket chain and separate to the UK retailer, is said to offer consumers a e-shopping experience "almost identical, just painted different colours" to the UK's existing Tesco.com system. Safeway's online e-tail site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega