USA/UK: Tesco, Safeway go live with joint e-tail operations in US
Britain's largest grocer, Tesco , has today [Monday] launched its online e-tail service in the US with local partner Safeway , and company officials have made it clear that the US venture is to be a stepping stone for global expansion. The Internet tie-in with Safeway, California's largest supermarket chain and separate to the UK retailer, is said to offer consumers a e-shopping experience "almost identical, just painted different colours" to the UK's existing Tesco.com system. Safeway's online e-tail site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods