USA/UK: Tesco, Safeway go live with joint e-tail operations in US
Britain's largest grocer, Tesco , has today [Monday] launched its online e-tail service in the US with local partner Safeway , and company officials have made it clear that the US venture is to be a stepping stone for global expansion. The Internet tie-in with Safeway, California's largest supermarket chain and separate to the UK retailer, is said to offer consumers a e-shopping experience "almost identical, just painted different colours" to the UK's existing Tesco.com system. Safeway's online e-tail site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival