POLAND/UK: Tesco sales in Poland seen hitting €1bn in 2003
UK supermarket company Tesco is expected to achieve sales in Poland of €1bn (US$1.09bn) this year, confirming its position as the number two retailer in the market, behind German operator Metro, according to food industry research provider IGD. IGD's new European Grocery Retailing report forecasts that Tesco will leap four places to number two, overtaking Carrefour, Auchan, Casino and Jerónimo Martins, fuelled by its market leadership in the hypermarket sector and the full consolidation of the sales from its 2002 acquisition of HIT.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units