POLAND/UK: Tesco sales in Poland seen hitting €1bn in 2003
UK supermarket company Tesco is expected to achieve sales in Poland of €1bn (US$1.09bn) this year, confirming its position as the number two retailer in the market, behind German operator Metro, according to food industry research provider IGD. IGD's new European Grocery Retailing report forecasts that Tesco will leap four places to number two, overtaking Carrefour, Auchan, Casino and Jerónimo Martins, fuelled by its market leadership in the hypermarket sector and the full consolidation of the sales from its 2002 acquisition of HIT.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods