POLAND/UK: Tesco sales in Poland seen hitting €1bn in 2003
UK supermarket company Tesco is expected to achieve sales in Poland of €1bn (US$1.09bn) this year, confirming its position as the number two retailer in the market, behind German operator Metro, according to food industry research provider IGD. IGD's new European Grocery Retailing report forecasts that Tesco will leap four places to number two, overtaking Carrefour, Auchan, Casino and Jerónimo Martins, fuelled by its market leadership in the hypermarket sector and the full consolidation of the sales from its 2002 acquisition of HIT.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements