UK: Tesco still leads top 500 UK retailers
Supermarket giant Tesco is still at the top of the supermarket charts this week, and it retains its leading position in Retail Weeks Top 500 Survey. The survey, compiled by Emap's Retail Knowledge Bank , showed that sales growth among the country's top 500 retailers grew by 5.9% between 1999 and 2000. Smaller operators saw their market share squeezed by 7.5% because of the competition from the supermarket giants. The picture for these retailers is however, not ideal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant