UK: Tesco still leads top 500 UK retailers
Supermarket giant Tesco is still at the top of the supermarket charts this week, and it retains its leading position in Retail Weeks Top 500 Survey. The survey, compiled by Emap's Retail Knowledge Bank , showed that sales growth among the country's top 500 retailers grew by 5.9% between 1999 and 2000. Smaller operators saw their market share squeezed by 7.5% because of the competition from the supermarket giants. The picture for these retailers is however, not ideal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark