UK: Tesco strategy director Fleming steps down
Tesco has been struggling to turn around its performance following a fall in half-year profits last month
UK retail giant Tesco has confirmed the departure of its group strategy director Michael Fleming.
A spokesperson for the retailer told just-food today (19 November) that Fleming has taken a sabbatical and therefore stepped down from the role. Tesco has appointed Sergei Spiridonov from the consultancy McKinsey as a replacement.
The spokesperson said the appointment was a permanent one and that Fleming would not be returning into that role but declined to comment beyond that.
The retailer has been struggling to turn around its performance following a fall in half-year profits last month and is embarking on a series of initiatives to revitalise its domestic business.
The move follows a suggestion by Tesco last month that it is on the lookout for a successor to its European head Gordon Fryett amid reports he is to retire. Fryett, who was appointed into the role last December, is reported to be retiring in around a year's time, according to The Financial Times.
Tesco also saw the departure of its head of UK operations Richard Brasher in March.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis