UK: Tesco to create 3,500 new jobs
UK retailer Tesco has said it plans to create almost 3,500 new jobs, but added that it would also transfer 350 jobs to India. Tesco said the new jobs were in addition to the 10,000 extra jobs already announced and would increase its workforce to over 230,000. The UK's leading supermarket operator said it would add 1,400 jobs as part of its conversion of 870 small convenience stores that it acquired from T&S last year. The company opened the first four converted stores this week and plans to open four or five more each week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever