UK: Tesco to create 3,500 new jobs
UK retailer Tesco has said it plans to create almost 3,500 new jobs, but added that it would also transfer 350 jobs to India. Tesco said the new jobs were in addition to the 10,000 extra jobs already announced and would increase its workforce to over 230,000. The UK's leading supermarket operator said it would add 1,400 jobs as part of its conversion of 870 small convenience stores that it acquired from T&S last year. The company opened the first four converted stores this week and plans to open four or five more each week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods