CZECH REPUBLIC: Tesco to launch Clubcard programme
Tesco has announced it will launch its Clubcard loyalty programme on 6 September in the Czech Republic.
The move will make the Czech Republic the eleventh market where Tesco has launched the scheme.
According to local daily Dnes, the supermarket chain expects that the card will be taken up by approximately one million households in the first year.
Country marketing head Michal Stádler said all customer data will be processed in accordance with existing legislation.
In neighbouring Poland and Slovakia, the Clubcard was launched last autumn, and has 1.5m and 850,000 cardholders, respectively.
Shares in Tesco fell this morning (13 January) as the grocery retailer blamed the snow for its weaker performance in its key UK market....
Canadian seafood processor High Liner Foods has reaffirmed its interest in assets owned by Icelandic Group after it emerged that the Iceland-supplier's talks to sell its production operations to a riv...
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour