UK: Tesco to launch tandoori-flavoured cheese
UK supermarket giant Tesco has said it is to launch what it believes to be the UK's first tandoori-flavoured cheese. Tesco said a team of eight scientists and 50 food tasters had spent six months developing the cheese, reported the Sunday Telegraph. The new variety of cheddar will be available at around 200 supermarkets by the end of next month. If the tandoori-flavoured cheese is a success, Tesco said it might try to develop a fish-and-chip-flavoured variety.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix