UK: Tesco to launch tandoori-flavoured cheese
UK supermarket giant Tesco has said it is to launch what it believes to be the UK's first tandoori-flavoured cheese. Tesco said a team of eight scientists and 50 food tasters had spent six months developing the cheese, reported the Sunday Telegraph. The new variety of cheddar will be available at around 200 supermarkets by the end of next month. If the tandoori-flavoured cheese is a success, Tesco said it might try to develop a fish-and-chip-flavoured variety.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations