UK: Tesco to launch tandoori-flavoured cheese
UK supermarket giant Tesco has said it is to launch what it believes to be the UK's first tandoori-flavoured cheese. Tesco said a team of eight scientists and 50 food tasters had spent six months developing the cheese, reported the Sunday Telegraph. The new variety of cheddar will be available at around 200 supermarkets by the end of next month. If the tandoori-flavoured cheese is a success, Tesco said it might try to develop a fish-and-chip-flavoured variety.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units