UK/ASIA: Tesco to open in Taiwan
Giant supermarket chain, Tesco is to open a new store in Taiwan's number one shopping mall, The Taimall Shopping Centre in Nankan.Around 400 new jobs will be created when the store opens in December and Tesco also intends to re-train and retain existing Makro staff, having purchased its Taiwan store from Makro Asia Management Ltd.Asia is a key component of Tesco's global extension plan, it now has 24 stores in Thailand and over the next five years it plans to open a further 20 stores. Two are currently under construction and are due to open in 2001 and seven Tesco stores should be open in South Korea with Samsung by the end of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move