UK/ASIA: Tesco to open in Taiwan
Giant supermarket chain, Tesco is to open a new store in Taiwan's number one shopping mall, The Taimall Shopping Centre in Nankan.Around 400 new jobs will be created when the store opens in December and Tesco also intends to re-train and retain existing Makro staff, having purchased its Taiwan store from Makro Asia Management Ltd.Asia is a key component of Tesco's global extension plan, it now has 24 stores in Thailand and over the next five years it plans to open a further 20 stores. Two are currently under construction and are due to open in 2001 and seven Tesco stores should be open in South Korea with Samsung by the end of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes