UK/ASIA: Tesco to open in Taiwan
Giant supermarket chain, Tesco is to open a new store in Taiwan's number one shopping mall, The Taimall Shopping Centre in Nankan.Around 400 new jobs will be created when the store opens in December and Tesco also intends to re-train and retain existing Makro staff, having purchased its Taiwan store from Makro Asia Management Ltd.Asia is a key component of Tesco's global extension plan, it now has 24 stores in Thailand and over the next five years it plans to open a further 20 stores. Two are currently under construction and are due to open in 2001 and seven Tesco stores should be open in South Korea with Samsung by the end of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre