UK/ASIA: Tesco to open in Taiwan
Giant supermarket chain, Tesco is to open a new store in Taiwan's number one shopping mall, The Taimall Shopping Centre in Nankan.Around 400 new jobs will be created when the store opens in December and Tesco also intends to re-train and retain existing Makro staff, having purchased its Taiwan store from Makro Asia Management Ltd.Asia is a key component of Tesco's global extension plan, it now has 24 stores in Thailand and over the next five years it plans to open a further 20 stores. Two are currently under construction and are due to open in 2001 and seven Tesco stores should be open in South Korea with Samsung by the end of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti