UK: Tesco to open two new stores in Scotland
Leading UK retailer Tesco is to create 700 jobs with the opening of two new supermarkets in Scotland. The group will spend £20m (US$31.1m) on building two new stores in Clydebank and Alexandria. According to a report in the Evening Times, managers at the new stores will aim to target the unemployed and offer them training courses to help them compete for new jobs. People who have problems reading and writing will be encouraged to apply.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods