UK: Tesco to take on 17,000 new staff in run-up to Christmas
The UK's biggest supermarket chain Tesco has announced that it will take on 17,000 new employees for the Christmas season to deal with increased numbers of shoppers. The new jobs will also include 5,000 permanent positions, adding to the 200,000 people the company already employs. Tesco aims to have larger-than-ever numbers of people on the shop floor in the run up to Christmas to help customers find what they are looking for, reports BBC online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix