UK: Tesco to take on 17,000 new staff in run-up to Christmas
The UK's biggest supermarket chain Tesco has announced that it will take on 17,000 new employees for the Christmas season to deal with increased numbers of shoppers. The new jobs will also include 5,000 permanent positions, adding to the 200,000 people the company already employs. Tesco aims to have larger-than-ever numbers of people on the shop floor in the run up to Christmas to help customers find what they are looking for, reports BBC online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses