UK: Tesco to take on 17,000 new staff in run-up to Christmas
The UK's biggest supermarket chain Tesco has announced that it will take on 17,000 new employees for the Christmas season to deal with increased numbers of shoppers. The new jobs will also include 5,000 permanent positions, adding to the 200,000 people the company already employs. Tesco aims to have larger-than-ever numbers of people on the shop floor in the run up to Christmas to help customers find what they are looking for, reports BBC online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations