UK: Tesco tops fines list for environmental offences
British supermarket behemoth Tesco has been fined more than any other high street for environment offences last year, according to figures released by the Environment Agency this week. The Agency, which operates as a pollutant regulator, noted that Tesco was fined £30,000 for failing to prevent people leaving shopping trolleys in a river in Chelmsford.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife