UK: Tesco unveils £100m to upgrade superstores
Leading UK retailer Tesco will spend £100m (US$142.8m) overhauling around 100 of its superstores, say analysts. Competing supermarket chains Sainsbury's and Safeway recently announced large-scale investment in store upgrades, and Tesco needs to keep one step ahead. Tesco refused to confirm the figure but said: "We have opened a great number of stores in the last few years, but some of our old stores are needing to be refreshed. We are looking at what customers want and incorporating that in store".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund