UK/USA: Tesco, Weight Watchers settle trademark row
UK supermarket giant Tesco has settled its trademark row with US-based slimming group Weight Watchers, shortly before the case was due to be heard in court. Earlier this year Tesco used a "points" claim on the packaging of two types of its pizza products, to indicate to those dieters following the Weight Watchers plan how many Weight Watchers points the product contained. On the back of the packaging there was a disclaimer saying the points had been calculated using the Weight Watchers calculator but that the product was not endorsed by the slimming company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife