UK/USA: Tesco, Weight Watchers settle trademark row
UK supermarket giant Tesco has settled its trademark row with US-based slimming group Weight Watchers, shortly before the case was due to be heard in court. Earlier this year Tesco used a "points" claim on the packaging of two types of its pizza products, to indicate to those dieters following the Weight Watchers plan how many Weight Watchers points the product contained. On the back of the packaging there was a disclaimer saying the points had been calculated using the Weight Watchers calculator but that the product was not endorsed by the slimming company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund