UK: Tesco.com introduces sliding price scale for deliveries
In a bid to lure Internet shoppers away from selecting the more popular times for the delivery of their groceries, Tesco.com is to introduce a sliding scale of delivery charges. Shoppers at the highly successful e-tailing arm of bricks and mortar giant Tesco currently pay a flat rate of £5 (US$7.24) for the delivery of their groceries, but they will now be charged between £3.99 and £6.49 depending on which time slot they pick.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti