UK: Tesco.com - the challenge now is abroad - COMMENT (Members)
Tesco.com expects to reach profitability this year. The UK operation has been an undeniable success. A major driver has been its store-based distribution model, which carries far lower upfront costs than warehouse-based systems. Tesco.com is now trying to spread outside the UK, as shown by its deal with Safeway in the US. Despite some industry skepticism, the model could well succeed on a global basis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast