Timeline: Tesco's attempt to crack the US
Almost seven years since Tesco first announced its plan to enter the US, the UK retailer has today (5 December) it is "likely" to quit market. Tesco said it would take too long for its Fresh & Easy chain to reach the "scale and profitability it needs". Here, just-food, looks at the ups and downs, the optimism about and the criticism of, Tesco's US venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods