Timeline: Tesco's attempt to crack the US
Almost seven years since Tesco first announced its plan to enter the US, the UK retailer has today (5 December) it is "likely" to quit market. Tesco said it would take too long for its Fresh & Easy chain to reach the "scale and profitability it needs". Here, just-food, looks at the ups and downs, the optimism about and the criticism of, Tesco's US venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez