Timeline: Tesco's attempt to crack the US
Almost seven years since Tesco first announced its plan to enter the US, the UK retailer has today (5 December) it is "likely" to quit market. Tesco said it would take too long for its Fresh & Easy chain to reach the "scale and profitability it needs". Here, just-food, looks at the ups and downs, the optimism about and the criticism of, Tesco's US venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina