Timeline: Tesco's attempt to crack the US
Almost seven years since Tesco first announced its plan to enter the US, the UK retailer has today (5 December) it is "likely" to quit market. Tesco said it would take too long for its Fresh & Easy chain to reach the "scale and profitability it needs". Here, just-food, looks at the ups and downs, the optimism about and the criticism of, Tesco's US venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- BRF in JV with UK foodservice firm Invicta