UK: Tesco's pig supply chain under investigation
UK supermarket giant Tesco has found itself at the centre of an investigation conducted by Sky News , which uncovered evidence of criminal activity in the store's pig meat supply chain. Thousands of animals slaughtered and unwittingly sold to Tesco's consumers were found to have been fed on meat scraps, salami sausage and takeaway restaurant waste in pigswill. Bred by the Wiltshire farming company
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund