UK: Tesco's pig supply chain under investigation
UK supermarket giant Tesco has found itself at the centre of an investigation conducted by Sky News , which uncovered evidence of criminal activity in the store's pig meat supply chain. Thousands of animals slaughtered and unwittingly sold to Tesco's consumers were found to have been fed on meat scraps, salami sausage and takeaway restaurant waste in pigswill. Bred by the Wiltshire farming company
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"