UK: Tesco's pig supply chain under investigation
UK supermarket giant Tesco has found itself at the centre of an investigation conducted by Sky News , which uncovered evidence of criminal activity in the store's pig meat supply chain. Thousands of animals slaughtered and unwittingly sold to Tesco's consumers were found to have been fed on meat scraps, salami sausage and takeaway restaurant waste in pigswill. Bred by the Wiltshire farming company
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action