USA: Tesco/Safeway - online in America - COMMENT
Tesco and Safeway will join forces in online retailing in the US. Tesco.com, the world's biggest online grocer, will work with Safeway to relaunch the US firm's home delivery service. The move reflects Tesco's confidence in its store-based model as the best way to make money out of online grocery retailing. It also looks like a low risk entry strategy into the US market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth