USA: Tests confirm avian flu outbreak in Connecticut
The International Office of Zoonoses, the world animal health institution, has reported tests confirming an outbreak of avian influenza subtype H7 in two Connecticut, USA, chicken farms, threatening the health of 2.3 million birds.
State authorities are working with the US Department of Agriculture regarding local quarantine restrictions and movement controls.
A lot of turkeys are going to be eaten next week, in a lot of countries. Although turkey consumption is a relatively new tradition and came up against entrenched national habits in some countries, it'...
Bird flu is generally perceived as an Asian, or latterly European, problem. Yet it could strike North America within months. Consumers will be concerned and may eat less poultry. No need to panic, arg...
People are getting richer. That means they are going to be eating more meat, milk and eggs. And according to speaker after speaker at a recent international conference on the grains sector, that's gre...
The UK Government Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (defra) has made no provisions to vaccinate poultry in the event of an outbreak and does not intend to make any. ...
Two cases of the H5N1 strain of avian flu have been confirmed in Germany....
Turkey has recorded what it thought to be the first fatality outside of East Asia to the human form of the avian bird flu H5N1....
More than 400 animal and human health experts, senior policy makers, economists and industry representatives will gather in Geneva this week to work towards a strategy to control the H5N1 avian influe...
The European Food Safety Authority has recommended using vaccinations as part of a campaign to eradicate bird flu, should there be an outbreak in European Union poultry flocks....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund