AUSTRALIA: Tests show more soy sauces are unsafe
The Australia New Zealand Food Authority (ANZFA) today initiated a recall of twelve imported soy sauce products after tests showed that they contained unsafe levels of the chloropropanol 3-MCPD, a chemical contaminant and possible cancer-causing agent. Tests undertaken by ANZFA, the Queensland Department of Health and the New Zealand Ministry of Health found that these 12 products - of 150 soy sauce products tested to date - had levels of 3-MCPD up to180 times the level of safe use.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk