UK: Tetley tea folk off to live life to the full, while real people advertise tea
Not long after Anglo-Dutch group Unilever announced that its PG Tips chimps are retiring from UK television, tea giant Tetley has revealed the imminent screening of a commercial without the Tetley Tea Folk - the first for 28 years. The new adverts, to be aired for the first time next Monday [4 February], have been designed by advertising agency D'Arcy to "shake up tea's 'safe' and old-fashioned image".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target