SWITZERLAND: Tetra Pak unveils probiotic straws in the US
In the bid for something new in the packaging market, Tetra Pak has signed a joint marketing agreement with research and development company BioGaia Biologics to add probiotic straws to ambient packaging in the US. The individually wrapped LifeTop Straws contain the lactic acid bacterium Lactobacillus Reuteri (Reuteri) and can be attached to the outside of beverage cartons. Reuteri is thought to help reduce the risk of stomach disorders, and the idea is that the straw will release the probiotics when the product is consumed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix