SWITZERLAND: Tetra Pak unveils probiotic straws in the US
In the bid for something new in the packaging market, Tetra Pak has signed a joint marketing agreement with research and development company BioGaia Biologics to add probiotic straws to ambient packaging in the US. The individually wrapped LifeTop Straws contain the lactic acid bacterium Lactobacillus Reuteri (Reuteri) and can be attached to the outside of beverage cartons. Reuteri is thought to help reduce the risk of stomach disorders, and the idea is that the straw will release the probiotics when the product is consumed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations