SWITZERLAND: Tetra Pak unveils probiotic straws in the US
In the bid for something new in the packaging market, Tetra Pak has signed a joint marketing agreement with research and development company BioGaia Biologics to add probiotic straws to ambient packaging in the US. The individually wrapped LifeTop Straws contain the lactic acid bacterium Lactobacillus Reuteri (Reuteri) and can be attached to the outside of beverage cartons. Reuteri is thought to help reduce the risk of stomach disorders, and the idea is that the straw will release the probiotics when the product is consumed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report