USA: T.G.I. Friday's® turns Japanese five times over; Fifth Friday's® restaurant opens December 2000
The global T.G.I. Friday's® brand, renowned for its upbeat service, eclectic atmosphere and American bistro menu, continues its rapid development in Asia and worldwide with the opening of Friday's® fifth restaurant in Japan on December 11. T.G.I. Friday's Japan, Inc., a Japanese franchise group, opened its first Friday's restaurant in Japan in August 1999, just over a year ago. Currently, Friday's restaurants operate in 52 countries worldwide. The latest T.G.I. Friday's restaurant will be located in the Japan's highly popular and trend-setting Ginza district.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix