SINGAPORE: Thai billionaire "tries to buy more F&N shares"
TCC Assets, the fund battling to buy Fraser and Neave, has spoken out after a report claimed it is looking to acquire an extra 10% of the Singapore food and drink group.
Bloomberg reported today (17 December) Thai billionaire and TCC owner Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi is trying to acquire an additional stake in F&N for S$9.60 (US$7.87) a share. Last week, Chareon, who owns around 35% of F&N, extended the deadline for a S$8.88-per-share offer for full control of the group to 2 January.
In a statement responding to the Bloomberg article, TCC said the group has "from time to time, been approached by shareholders and/or brokers in relation to potential sales of shares in the company [F&N]".
However, it added there is "no certainty that any transaction would materialise and/or any revision of the offer price would be made".
Chareon faces a fight for F&N with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). Last month, OUE submitted a S$13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is 3 January.
If the OUE challenge is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for S$2.7bn.
Kirin Holdings has reported a significant return to net profit in its first quarter helped by the sale of its stake in Fraser and Neave earlier this year....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis