SINGAPORE: Thai billionaire "tries to buy more F&N shares"
TCC Assets, the fund battling to buy Fraser and Neave, has spoken out after a report claimed it is looking to acquire an extra 10% of the Singapore food and drink group.
Bloomberg reported today (17 December) Thai billionaire and TCC owner Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi is trying to acquire an additional stake in F&N for S$9.60 (US$7.87) a share. Last week, Chareon, who owns around 35% of F&N, extended the deadline for a S$8.88-per-share offer for full control of the group to 2 January.
In a statement responding to the Bloomberg article, TCC said the group has "from time to time, been approached by shareholders and/or brokers in relation to potential sales of shares in the company [F&N]".
However, it added there is "no certainty that any transaction would materialise and/or any revision of the offer price would be made".
Chareon faces a fight for F&N with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). Last month, OUE submitted a S$13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is 3 January.
If the OUE challenge is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for S$2.7bn.
Dairy in Malaysia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptio...
Kirin Holdings has reported a significant return to net profit in its first quarter helped by the sale of its stake in Fraser and Neave earlier this year....
Dairy in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descripti...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Why exporters still see opportunities in Japan
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz