THAILAND: Thai Union Frozen posts 2002 profit boosted by tuna sales
Seafood company Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) has posted a 3.3% rise in 2002 net profit to 1.55bn baht (US$36.4m), boosted by strong global demand for tuna. TUF said it expects both sales revenues and profits to grow by at least 15% this year due to a recovery in the shrimp business after the EU said it would ease testing requirements for Thai shrimp. TUF also expects strong sales from its US subsidiary Chicken of the Sea.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods