THAILAND: Thai Union Frozen posts 2002 profit boosted by tuna sales
Seafood company Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) has posted a 3.3% rise in 2002 net profit to 1.55bn baht (US$36.4m), boosted by strong global demand for tuna. TUF said it expects both sales revenues and profits to grow by at least 15% this year due to a recovery in the shrimp business after the EU said it would ease testing requirements for Thai shrimp. TUF also expects strong sales from its US subsidiary Chicken of the Sea.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe