THAILAND: Thai Union Frozen posts 2002 profit boosted by tuna sales
Seafood company Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) has posted a 3.3% rise in 2002 net profit to 1.55bn baht (US$36.4m), boosted by strong global demand for tuna. TUF said it expects both sales revenues and profits to grow by at least 15% this year due to a recovery in the shrimp business after the EU said it would ease testing requirements for Thai shrimp. TUF also expects strong sales from its US subsidiary Chicken of the Sea.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre