THAILAND: Thai Union Frozen Q3 profit climbs
- Net profit climbs to THB1.83bn
- Net sales up 12.9%
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked an increase in third-quarter net profit thanks to higher tuna sales and lower interest costs.
In the three months to the end of September, earnings amounted to THB1.83bn (US$59.7m) compared to THB1.82bn last year. The company said the results reflect "strong business operations" and "steady growth" of each business unit, particularly tuna and sardine/mackerel products.
Sales in the period reached BHT28.33bn, a 12.9% increase on last year.
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked a drop in earnings for fiscal 2012....
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China