THAILAND: Thai Union Frozen Q3 profit climbs
- Net profit climbs to THB1.83bn
- Net sales up 12.9%
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked an increase in third-quarter net profit thanks to higher tuna sales and lower interest costs.
In the three months to the end of September, earnings amounted to THB1.83bn (US$59.7m) compared to THB1.82bn last year. The company said the results reflect "strong business operations" and "steady growth" of each business unit, particularly tuna and sardine/mackerel products.
Sales in the period reached BHT28.33bn, a 12.9% increase on last year.
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked a drop in earnings for fiscal 2012....
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Fonterra, Bellamy's strike baby nutritionals partn
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- PepsiCo to expand Frito-Lay plant in US
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down