THAILAND: Thai Union Frozen Q3 profit climbs
- Net profit climbs to THB1.83bn
- Net sales up 12.9%
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked an increase in third-quarter net profit thanks to higher tuna sales and lower interest costs.
In the three months to the end of September, earnings amounted to THB1.83bn (US$59.7m) compared to THB1.82bn last year. The company said the results reflect "strong business operations" and "steady growth" of each business unit, particularly tuna and sardine/mackerel products.
Sales in the period reached BHT28.33bn, a 12.9% increase on last year.
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked a drop in earnings for fiscal 2012....
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn
- ABF grocery profits up but pressure on bread