THAILAND: Thai Union Frozen Q3 profit climbs
- Net profit climbs to THB1.83bn
- Net sales up 12.9%
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked an increase in third-quarter net profit thanks to higher tuna sales and lower interest costs.
In the three months to the end of September, earnings amounted to THB1.83bn (US$59.7m) compared to THB1.82bn last year. The company said the results reflect "strong business operations" and "steady growth" of each business unit, particularly tuna and sardine/mackerel products.
Sales in the period reached BHT28.33bn, a 12.9% increase on last year.
Seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products has booked a drop in earnings for fiscal 2012....
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- How Danone is winning "key battles" to grow
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A
- PepsiCo, Target back campaign for gender parity