SINGAPORE: ThaiBev's TCC extends Fraser and Neave deadline but sticks with price
The battle for F&N has taken another twist
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has extended its offer deadline for Fraser and Neave for a second time, but not raised its bid despite a rival's higher tender.
British Virgin Islands-registered TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, announced today (22 November) that F&N now has a deadline of 11 December for its SGD8.88-per-share offer, totalling S$9bn (US$7.36bn). It announced a previous extension earlier this month, but the deadline was today.
Through TCC Assets and Chang brewer ThaiBev, Sirivadhanabhakdi holds a 35% stake in Singapore-based conglomerate F&N.
However, since TCC's first offer, Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise has tabled a rival S$9.08 per share offer - totalling S$13.1bn (US$10.7bn) for F&N.
If the OUE bid is successful, Japanese food and beverage group Kirin Holdings has also agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business for S$2.7bn.
Heineken, meanwhile, has escaped the impact of the latest bidding war after last week confirming it has completed its acquisition of F&N's stake in Tiger brewer Asia Pacific Breweries, thereby boosting its footprint in the region's emerging markets.
Kirin Holdings has reported a significant return to net profit in its first quarter helped by the sale of its stake in Fraser and Neave earlier this year....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020