SINGAPORE: ThaiBev's TCC takes controlling stake in Fraser and Neave
TCC has taken a controlling stake in Singapore conglomerate F&N
Thai investment vehicle TCC Assets has gained a controlling stake in Singapore food and drink group Fraser and Neave after acquiring more shares in the group.
The fund, controlled by Chang beer brewer ThaiBev, said yesterday (30 January) it had acquired an extra 8.6m shares at S$9.55 per share, meaning it now owns a 50.92% stake in the Singapore conglomerate. TCC's bid for the remaining shares has been declared "unconditional in all respects", it said.
Meanwhile, F&N shareholders now have until 18 February to tender their shares after the offer deadline was extended.
Kirin Holdings, F&N's second largest shareholder with a 14.8% stake, has not yet accepted the offer but will decide by Monday (4 February), The Wall Street Journal reported.
Earlier this week, F&N board of directors said they will step down once the TCC takeover is complete.
TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, previously fought off a challenge for F&N from Singapore property firm Overseas Union Enterprise after a long-running bidding war.
Kirin Holdings has reported a significant return to net profit in its first quarter helped by the sale of its stake in Fraser and Neave earlier this year....
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Marks & Spencer Plc in Retailing (United Kingdom)