SINGAPORE: ThaiBev's TCC takes controlling stake in Fraser and Neave
TCC has taken a controlling stake in Singapore conglomerate F&N
Thai investment vehicle TCC Assets has gained a controlling stake in Singapore food and drink group Fraser and Neave after acquiring more shares in the group.
The fund, controlled by Chang beer brewer ThaiBev, said yesterday (30 January) it had acquired an extra 8.6m shares at S$9.55 per share, meaning it now owns a 50.92% stake in the Singapore conglomerate. TCC's bid for the remaining shares has been declared "unconditional in all respects", it said.
Meanwhile, F&N shareholders now have until 18 February to tender their shares after the offer deadline was extended.
Kirin Holdings, F&N's second largest shareholder with a 14.8% stake, has not yet accepted the offer but will decide by Monday (4 February), The Wall Street Journal reported.
Earlier this week, F&N board of directors said they will step down once the TCC takeover is complete.
TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, previously fought off a challenge for F&N from Singapore property firm Overseas Union Enterprise after a long-running bidding war.
Kirin Holdings has reported a significant return to net profit in its first quarter helped by the sale of its stake in Fraser and Neave earlier this year....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020