AUSTRALIA: The Barrons Kitchen under receivership; new owner by Christmas?
Cairns-based pie-maker The Barrons Kitchen was placed into receivership on 15 November due to a lack of capital, it was confirmed yesterday.
Receiver Ian Hall revealed that PricewaterhouseCoopers will continue to operate the award-winning business in order to sell it as a going concern. The firm hopes to have a new owner by Christmas, and Hall commented that there has been a lot of interest: "We've got about ten interested buyers and we're currently talking with them to get to sell [the company]."
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units