AUSTRALIA: The Barrons Kitchen under receivership; new owner by Christmas?
Cairns-based pie-maker The Barrons Kitchen was placed into receivership on 15 November due to a lack of capital, it was confirmed yesterday. Receiver Ian Hall revealed that PricewaterhouseCoopers will continue to operate the award-winning business in order to sell it as a going concern. The firm hopes to have a new owner by Christmas, and Hall commented that there has been a lot of interest: "We've got about ten interested buyers and we're currently talking with them to get to sell [the company]."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin