AUSTRALIA: The Barrons Kitchen under receivership; new owner by Christmas?
Cairns-based pie-maker The Barrons Kitchen was placed into receivership on 15 November due to a lack of capital, it was confirmed yesterday. Receiver Ian Hall revealed that PricewaterhouseCoopers will continue to operate the award-winning business in order to sell it as a going concern. The firm hopes to have a new owner by Christmas, and Hall commented that there has been a lot of interest: "We've got about ten interested buyers and we're currently talking with them to get to sell [the company]."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund