AUSTRALIA: The Barrons Kitchen under receivership; new owner by Christmas?
Cairns-based pie-maker The Barrons Kitchen was placed into receivership on 15 November due to a lack of capital, it was confirmed yesterday. Receiver Ian Hall revealed that PricewaterhouseCoopers will continue to operate the award-winning business in order to sell it as a going concern. The firm hopes to have a new owner by Christmas, and Hall commented that there has been a lot of interest: "We've got about ten interested buyers and we're currently talking with them to get to sell [the company]."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up