AUSTRALIA: The Barrons Kitchen under receivership; new owner by Christmas?
Cairns-based pie-maker The Barrons Kitchen was placed into receivership on 15 November due to a lack of capital, it was confirmed yesterday. Receiver Ian Hall revealed that PricewaterhouseCoopers will continue to operate the award-winning business in order to sell it as a going concern. The firm hopes to have a new owner by Christmas, and Hall commented that there has been a lot of interest: "We've got about ten interested buyers and we're currently talking with them to get to sell [the company]."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery