USA: 'The Best Broccoli' has high levels of cancer-preventing compound
Which types of broccoli plants are "the best broccoli" in preventing some types of cancer? When scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) wanted to be able to tell consumers how to select broccoli with cancer-fighting antioxidants, they teamed up with experts at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine -- the same scientists who identified the benefits of broccoli sprouts, now marketed as "BroccoSprouts®."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast