UK: The Co-op secures leases for 54 pub sites from NewRiver Retail
NewRiver Retail said stores will be 3,000-4,500 sq ft in size
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has struck a deal for leases to 54 sites from AIM-listed real estate firm NewRiver Retail.
NewRiver Retail said today (7 April) it had signed a "conditional agreement" to lease the stores from its pub estate.
"The majority will be new-build projects constructed on surplus land adjacent to the existing public houses," the company said. "The remaining part of the portfolio will be conventional conversions from public house use to c-Stores, or redeveloped as stand-alone convenience retail stores."
In November, NewRiver acquired 202 pubs from UK brewer Marston's to convert the assets primarily into convenience stores.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development