UK: The Co-op secures leases for 54 pub sites from NewRiver Retail
NewRiver Retail said stores will be 3,000-4,500 sq ft in size
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has struck a deal for leases to 54 sites from AIM-listed real estate firm NewRiver Retail.
NewRiver Retail said today (7 April) it had signed a "conditional agreement" to lease the stores from its pub estate.
"The majority will be new-build projects constructed on surplus land adjacent to the existing public houses," the company said. "The remaining part of the portfolio will be conventional conversions from public house use to c-Stores, or redeveloped as stand-alone convenience retail stores."
In November, NewRiver acquired 202 pubs from UK brewer Marston's to convert the assets primarily into convenience stores.
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets