UK: The Co-op secures leases for 54 pub sites from NewRiver Retail
NewRiver Retail said stores will be 3,000-4,500 sq ft in size
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has struck a deal for leases to 54 sites from AIM-listed real estate firm NewRiver Retail.
NewRiver Retail said today (7 April) it had signed a "conditional agreement" to lease the stores from its pub estate.
"The majority will be new-build projects constructed on surplus land adjacent to the existing public houses," the company said. "The remaining part of the portfolio will be conventional conversions from public house use to c-Stores, or redeveloped as stand-alone convenience retail stores."
In November, NewRiver acquired 202 pubs from UK brewer Marston's to convert the assets primarily into convenience stores.
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights