UK: The Co-operative Group mounts legal action
The Co-operative Group (formerly CWS) is taking legal action to recover damages and sums owing to it following the renegotiation, in 1995, of a supply agreement with Hobsons, a company then owned by Andrew Regan. Group Secretary, Nick Eyre confirmed that claims had been issued against former CWS executives, Allan Green and David Chambers who, it is alleged, conspired with fellow defendants Andrew Regan, Ronald Zimet and Trellis International, to deprive CWS of several £millions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant