UK: The Co-operative Group mounts legal action
The Co-operative Group (formerly CWS) is taking legal action to recover damages and sums owing to it following the renegotiation, in 1995, of a supply agreement with Hobsons, a company then owned by Andrew Regan. Group Secretary, Nick Eyre confirmed that claims had been issued against former CWS executives, Allan Green and David Chambers who, it is alleged, conspired with fellow defendants Andrew Regan, Ronald Zimet and Trellis International, to deprive CWS of several £millions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO