USA: The Earthgrains Company reports strong first-quarter results
The Earthgrains Company (NYSE: EGR), the second-largest U.S. packaged bread producer and maker of Earth Grains and IronKids breads, today reported first-quarter earnings per diluted share of $0.34, an increase of 25.9 percent from the year-ago period's $0.27 per diluted share. Net income increased by 32.1 percent to a first-quarter record of $14.4 million, compared with $10.9 million a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project