UK: The EU Novel Foods Regulation
Flora pro.activ has obtained approval within the EU from the Standing Committee of Foodstuffs.The EU Novel Foods Regulation (EC No 258/97) became law in all member states of the European Community in May 1997. Novel Foods are defined as foods and food ingredients that have not been used for human consumption within the European Community to any significant degree.Obtaining approval under the EU Novel Foods Regulations is a multi-stage process intended to review all scientific data.This independent scientific assessment ensures consumer and healthcare professional confidence in Flora pro.activ.Unilever believes that all foods such as Flora pro.activ should be regulated, subject to independent peer review to protect consumer interest.FLORA PRO.ACTIV IS THE FIRST AND ONLY CHOLESTEROL-LOWERING SPREAD TO BE APPROVED BY THE EU NOVEL FOODS PROCESS.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016