UK: The EU Novel Foods Regulation
Flora pro.activ has obtained approval within the EU from the Standing Committee of Foodstuffs.The EU Novel Foods Regulation (EC No 258/97) became law in all member states of the European Community in May 1997. Novel Foods are defined as foods and food ingredients that have not been used for human consumption within the European Community to any significant degree.Obtaining approval under the EU Novel Foods Regulations is a multi-stage process intended to review all scientific data.This independent scientific assessment ensures consumer and healthcare professional confidence in Flora pro.activ.Unilever believes that all foods such as Flora pro.activ should be regulated, subject to independent peer review to protect consumer interest.FLORA PRO.ACTIV IS THE FIRST AND ONLY CHOLESTEROL-LOWERING SPREAD TO BE APPROVED BY THE EU NOVEL FOODS PROCESS.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast