NETHERLANDS: The European Candy Group buys Kraepelien & Holm
The European Candy Group acquires Kraepelien & Holm
The European Candy Group (TECG) has struck a deal to acquire Netherlands-based private=label candy maker Kraepelien & Holm (K&H).
TECG, a holding company established by Bencis Capital Partners and the management of Continental Candy Industries, said today (13 January) it will acquire 100% of K&H shares. The financial details of the transaction, which is expected to be complete by the end of the month, were not disclosed.
K&H's primary business is the manufacture and sale of private-label liquorice. TECG said that the group's activities were a "valuable addition" to Continental Candy Industries existing private-label business. Through the acquisition, TECG aims to further its ambition of taking a "leading position" in the private-label confectionery category.
The European Candy Group Acquires Kraepelien & Holm in Oosterwolde, the Netherlands
DRACHTEN and OOSTERWOLDE, The Netherlands, January 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The European Candy Group, holding company (established by Bencis Capital Partners and management) of Continental Candy Industries (CCI) with facilities in Drachten and Hoorn, has reached an agreement on the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Kraepelien & Holm (K&H) located in Oosterwolde.
K&H is a specialized private label manufacturer of mainly liquorice and is well known for outstanding quality, high level of flexibility and a strong market approach. The acquisition is expected to be completed per end of January 2014.
The European Candy Group is interested in Kraepelien & Holm's activities because the portfolio is a valuable addition to the existing private label activities of Continental Candy Industries.
TECG's ambition is to obtain a leading position in production and sales of private label sugar confectionery. The acquisition will have no impact on employment.
W. Dolman (Managing Director of Kraepelien & Holm): "This transaction provides a secure future for the company and we are happy to become part of TECG, especially in view of the economies of scale required in this competitive market."
E. Waijenberg (CEO of The European Candy Group): "The acquisition of Kraepelien & Holm is a valuable addition to CCI's existing assortment and offers room for further growth. This transaction fits our strategy to become a leading player in the market of private label sugar confectionery."
Original source: The European Candy Group
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019