NETHERLANDS: The European Candy Group buys Kraepelien & Holm
The European Candy Group acquires Kraepelien & Holm
The European Candy Group (TECG) has struck a deal to acquire Netherlands-based private=label candy maker Kraepelien & Holm (K&H).
TECG, a holding company established by Bencis Capital Partners and the management of Continental Candy Industries, said today (13 January) it will acquire 100% of K&H shares. The financial details of the transaction, which is expected to be complete by the end of the month, were not disclosed.
K&H's primary business is the manufacture and sale of private-label liquorice. TECG said that the group's activities were a "valuable addition" to Continental Candy Industries existing private-label business. Through the acquisition, TECG aims to further its ambition of taking a "leading position" in the private-label confectionery category.
The European Candy Group Acquires Kraepelien & Holm in Oosterwolde, the Netherlands
DRACHTEN and OOSTERWOLDE, The Netherlands, January 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The European Candy Group, holding company (established by Bencis Capital Partners and management) of Continental Candy Industries (CCI) with facilities in Drachten and Hoorn, has reached an agreement on the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Kraepelien & Holm (K&H) located in Oosterwolde.
K&H is a specialized private label manufacturer of mainly liquorice and is well known for outstanding quality, high level of flexibility and a strong market approach. The acquisition is expected to be completed per end of January 2014.
The European Candy Group is interested in Kraepelien & Holm's activities because the portfolio is a valuable addition to the existing private label activities of Continental Candy Industries.
TECG's ambition is to obtain a leading position in production and sales of private label sugar confectionery. The acquisition will have no impact on employment.
W. Dolman (Managing Director of Kraepelien & Holm): "This transaction provides a secure future for the company and we are happy to become part of TECG, especially in view of the economies of scale required in this competitive market."
E. Waijenberg (CEO of The European Candy Group): "The acquisition of Kraepelien & Holm is a valuable addition to CCI's existing assortment and offers room for further growth. This transaction fits our strategy to become a leading player in the market of private label sugar confectionery."
Original source: The European Candy Group
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights