USA: The Food Consulting Company Buys NLS to Build Largest Service of its Kind
The Food Consulting Company, based in Del Mar, Calif., and owned and operated by Karen C. Duester, purchased the Pennsylvania-based Nutrition Labeling Services (NLS) July 3, 2000. Customers for both companies are large and small, domestic and foreign food manufacturers who sell their products in the United States, where the Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990 specifically defines what and how nutrition content and claim information is displayed.The purchase makes The Food Consulting Company the largest contract provider of food labeling services with over 1000 clients in the US and abroad. The Food Consulting Company has been in business since 1993."I know from my many discussions with [Karen Duester] that client labeling projects will be handled efficiently, accurately and with quality and integrity," said Wendy Boehm, former Nutrition Labeling Services owner.The Food Consulting Company offers a full range of food labeling services including database and lab analysis, nutrition facts panel preparation, ingredient statements, package design planning, shelf life evaluation and final label review. Karen Duester can be reached through the company web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review