USA: The Food Consulting Company Buys NLS to Build Largest Service of its Kind
The Food Consulting Company, based in Del Mar, Calif., and owned and operated by Karen C. Duester, purchased the Pennsylvania-based Nutrition Labeling Services (NLS) July 3, 2000. Customers for both companies are large and small, domestic and foreign food manufacturers who sell their products in the United States, where the Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990 specifically defines what and how nutrition content and claim information is displayed.The purchase makes The Food Consulting Company the largest contract provider of food labeling services with over 1000 clients in the US and abroad. The Food Consulting Company has been in business since 1993."I know from my many discussions with [Karen Duester] that client labeling projects will be handled efficiently, accurately and with quality and integrity," said Wendy Boehm, former Nutrition Labeling Services owner.The Food Consulting Company offers a full range of food labeling services including database and lab analysis, nutrition facts panel preparation, ingredient statements, package design planning, shelf life evaluation and final label review. Karen Duester can be reached through the company web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid