UK: The food production quality label - Guaranteeing good quality food
The food production quality label, which acts as a guarantee to shoppers that their food is good quality - and British, is on display in more than 4,000 supermarkets across the UK today.All meat displaying the logo, will have met strict hygiene, animal welfare and environmental standards, which provides the opportunity to reassure consumers that what they're buying is safe. This label will cover meat, poultry, fruit and vegetables and the logo has a red and blue tractor - in the shape of an F to remind shoppers of the traditional image of farming.It is hoped by the industry that this will help seize sales from a growing import market as imports of poultry have risen three fold in the past ten years.According to the National Farmers Union, British people now eat around 1.7 million tonnes of poultry meat each year, 350 thousand tonnes of which is now imported. This new logo will help reduce consumer confusion over food labels and what they all mean. The tractor is set to replace a wide variety of logos and food quality assurance schemes, which up until now, have been run independently, by producers and supermarkets. The idea is, that food displaying the logo will eventually become seen a kind of brand, which consumers will recognise and trust.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review