NETHERLANDS: The Greenery FD leaves following cost cutting drive
Produce group The Greenery has confirmed the exit of its finance director Albert Knol, shortly after the group embarked on a process of "centralisation and modification" in a drive to increase efficiency.
The company launched a strategy to strip costs out of the business and focus on "price leadership" after weak pricing and European retail consolidation hit its results in 2013. During the year, the company racked up a loss of EUR2m.
"The Greenery's 2014-2018 strategy is to focus on centralised management of its product flows with more efficient use of its logistical network and a functional, commercial organisational structure with fewer staff," the company said in a statement earlier this month.
Details of redundancies have not been provided and the company was not available for comment at time of press.
Knol led efforts to overhaul the group's supply chain systems, which resulted in a 30% reduction in SAP costs, The Greenery said. However, Knol has since decided to stand down.
"In the last couple of months The Greenery made a decision on a strategy of cost leadership. As the implementation of this strategy took shape and the results were seen, I decided to give the company space to find a financial director who can build further on this foundation for a healthy future of The Greenery," he commented.
He will continue to assist the company in an advisory capacity until January 2015.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis