NETHERLANDS: The Greenery FD leaves following cost cutting drive
Produce group The Greenery has confirmed the exit of its finance director Albert Knol, shortly after the group embarked on a process of "centralisation and modification" in a drive to increase efficiency.
The company launched a strategy to strip costs out of the business and focus on "price leadership" after weak pricing and European retail consolidation hit its results in 2013. During the year, the company racked up a loss of EUR2m.
"The Greenery's 2014-2018 strategy is to focus on centralised management of its product flows with more efficient use of its logistical network and a functional, commercial organisational structure with fewer staff," the company said in a statement earlier this month.
Details of redundancies have not been provided and the company was not available for comment at time of press.
Knol led efforts to overhaul the group's supply chain systems, which resulted in a 30% reduction in SAP costs, The Greenery said. However, Knol has since decided to stand down.
"In the last couple of months The Greenery made a decision on a strategy of cost leadership. As the implementation of this strategy took shape and the results were seen, I decided to give the company space to find a financial director who can build further on this foundation for a healthy future of The Greenery," he commented.
He will continue to assist the company in an advisory capacity until January 2015.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis