NETHERLANDS: The Greenery FD leaves following cost cutting drive
Produce group The Greenery has confirmed the exit of its finance director Albert Knol, shortly after the group embarked on a process of "centralisation and modification" in a drive to increase efficiency.
The company launched a strategy to strip costs out of the business and focus on "price leadership" after weak pricing and European retail consolidation hit its results in 2013. During the year, the company racked up a loss of EUR2m.
"The Greenery's 2014-2018 strategy is to focus on centralised management of its product flows with more efficient use of its logistical network and a functional, commercial organisational structure with fewer staff," the company said in a statement earlier this month.
Details of redundancies have not been provided and the company was not available for comment at time of press.
Knol led efforts to overhaul the group's supply chain systems, which resulted in a 30% reduction in SAP costs, The Greenery said. However, Knol has since decided to stand down.
"In the last couple of months The Greenery made a decision on a strategy of cost leadership. As the implementation of this strategy took shape and the results were seen, I decided to give the company space to find a financial director who can build further on this foundation for a healthy future of The Greenery," he commented.
He will continue to assist the company in an advisory capacity until January 2015.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights