Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Industry watchers have forecast further consolidation in the confectionery sector but there has been an absence of major deals in 2011 - until today, when Scandinavian candy makers Cloetta and Leaf International announced plans to merge. Elsewhere in Europe this week, Carrefour tabled a bid to buy French franchise partner Guyenne et Gascogne. Findus Group's French operations, meanwhile, grabbed the headlines with news that private-equity owner Lion Capital ended talks to sell the business to rival buy-out house Permira. And Diamond Foods' deal to buy snacks brand Pringles looks uncertain amid news that the SEC is to investigate crop payments made at the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses