Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Tesco and Sainsbury's reported first-quarter trading updates this week and both UK retailers faced questions over their prospects for the rest of the year. US meat giant Smithfield Foods also faced analysts after it posted its full-year results, with CEO Larry Pope arguing Wall Street does not value the company highly enough. Elsewhere, Arla announced a tie-up in China, PepsiCo made Mexico the first market for its global dips venture and UK firm Premier Foods plc offloaded another of its businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- How Hain is refocusing amid growing competition
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Orior to acquire Culinor Food Group
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development