Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Late on Friday, India's government stunned the country with a wave of reforms, including the return of plans to ease restrictions on foreign investment into the retail sector. Further east, Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corp. confirmed it was in talks to buy Dole Food Co. assets - and expansion in China could be a factor in its interest. Elsewhere, Associated British Foods' trading update for its last financial year gave us the chance to look at its grocery business and there was fresh talk over who could one day replace PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi after European boss Zein Abdalla was named president of the company. Click on the headlines for more.
India tries once more to ease rules on retail FDI
Nine months after opposition forced India's government to put reform on hold, it has announced fresh plans to allow overseas retailers to invest in multi-brand outlets. Will the plans stick this time?
Kraft Foods has signed an agreement to acquire the remaining 50% stake of Moroccan biscuit manufacturer Biscuiterie Industrielle du Moghreb (BIMO).
US: Campbell Soup Co. eyes M&A, JVs
Campbell Soup Co. has confirmed it is looking to acquisitions and joint ventures to expand its international presence.
The decision by Wahaha to look at acquisitions for overseas growth has come as little surprise to some analysts who believe the Chinese food and drink firm may look at packaged food or sourcing deals.
Robert Wiseman Dairies has become the latest UK dairy processor to announce an increase in the price it pays farmers for milk.
Analysts' superlatives for the 'stunning' performance of Primark do not stretch to the food units of Associated British Foods, but the group as a whole looks healthy in 2013 - and it might also have c...
Kellogg, Associated British Foods and General Mills have been slammed by charity Oxfam International for failing to meet ethical standards....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report