Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
ConAgra Foods' deal to buy US private-label group Ralcorp Holdings last week added some spice to a pedestrian year for M&A. Staying with acquisitions in the US, Hostess Brands said it had received more than 100 bids for its assets. In Europe, Dutch retailer Ahold said it would up its cost cuts, with a focus on sourcing and promos. And in the UK, leading grocers signed up to a new code of special offers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered