Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
European retail giant Delhaize this week named its new CEO - ex-Metro executive Frans Muller - but his appointment, combined with the departure of its US boss, hit the company's shares. In the US, Mondelez International gave more detail on its plans to shake up its plant network and use fewer suppliers. And an investor in Smithfield Foods insisted it had received interest from rival suitors for the US pork giant that could be better value than the current agreed takeover bid from China's Shuanghui International.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat