Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
European retail giant Delhaize this week named its new CEO - ex-Metro executive Frans Muller - but his appointment, combined with the departure of its US boss, hit the company's shares. In the US, Mondelez International gave more detail on its plans to shake up its plant network and use fewer suppliers. And an investor in Smithfield Foods insisted it had received interest from rival suitors for the US pork giant that could be better value than the current agreed takeover bid from China's Shuanghui International.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti